Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rest day

Today was a rest day, so there isn't a lot to report.

After adding several extra planks to yesterday's work-out and 100 crunches, I feel good.  I was doing planks during my guilty pleasure of Dance Moms, and they were flying by, so I decided to do 5 one minute planks.  And I tossed in 100 crunches for good measure. 

I still feel great today, not sore, achy, or tired at all!  I guess my body is getting used to this again.  Since I have little to report on the work out front, I thought I'd share my food for today.

For breakfast, I had a bagel with 2 tsps of cream cheese (I'm in love with the "normal" size whole grain bagels I bought last time, I'll have to get the name).  I also swung through McDonalds for a Fruit and Walnut salad.  I know it's not the best, but I had a meeting downtown, and was in a hurry!

Speaking of that meeting, it also meant I had 1) no time to pack lunch and 2) no where to store it for several hours.  So I needed to get lunch afterwards.  I decided on Kroger's deli, where I found a "Kid's Pack".  It had a turkey sub on whole grain bread, an apple, a string cheese, and an apple juice all for $2.99.  I thought that was a great deal!  I added some Goldfish crackers and an 8 oz. bean soup.  I saved the cheese for dinner, and threw the apple juice away (100 calories in a 6 oz box, that's horendous amounts of sugar!). 

My little creek view.  It's a nice escape in the middle of the day!
I've gotten accustomed to eating lunch in a near-by park by the creek.  It allows me to still pack my good food, and step away from work.  I had been eating at my desk, now I get a recharge in the middle of the day. 
I was disappointed in my lunch.  I am used to a load of raw veggies and a very balanced meal.  While this was still pretty balanced, it left me starving by 5 p.m.  I still had to work, so I had my string cheese and a few Goldfish as a snack.  I'm ready to pack my lunch tomorrow -- they fill me up and keep me full! 

All in all, it wasn't a bad day.  I bailed on Wendy's and Subway, and still stuck to my guns.  I'm getting good at this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment