Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Good (sweaty) Friday!

I'm still doing what I say I will!

Yesterday was Body Pump.  I forgot there was a new launch last Saturday, so I was a second behind in most of the new moves.  This new launch added some different lunges, and ditched tricep dips.  And the new shoulder moves were rough.  But I finished it, all 800 reps!  And I felt...great, but not so great. 

There are some cardio lunge-hop things (I think that's the technical term), that killed my quads.  Afterwards, I was actually in pain.  I was afraid I had pulled something, so I didn't feel comfortable doing my slow, stretchy swim.  Instead, I drank chocolate milk.  And had another great lunch in the park:  grilled chicken, cottage cheese, a lovely salad, and a roll.  Fruit for dessert.

Today, my run was up.  I was worried yesterday about my quads, but I woke up okay.  Sure, I felt my legs.  They were tight and a little sore, but nothing was painful.  It's a unique experience to actually "feel" every movement.  We had major computer issues at work today, and couldn't access email or the internet.  So, I took that as my cue.

Proof, you know.
I logged a total of 3 miles on the treadmill, while watching "What Not To Wear".  I haven't watched it for years, and I caught an entertaining episode.  I was a mile and half in before I accidently looked down at my screen.  Running during t.v. shows will do wonders!  I ran 2.25 miles at comfortable and uncomfortable paces (I'm trying to focus on practicing distance right now, not how fast I am), with a .25 mile walking warm up and a .50 mile walking cool down. 

The run was nice.  I didn't struggle, I just got bored.  That's the big problem (I hear) with treadmill running.  At the end, I felt great.  I had my usual book and lunch in the park, and finished work. 

Never today, even now, have I hurt or felt pain.  There is still some soreness, and some tightness, but I know it is normal, and I actually enjoy it. 

Tomorrow is a rest day, and an Easter egg hunt at work.  They want me to be the bunny; I'm crossing my fingers that someone else shows up.  I'll do a short run on Easter Sunday.  Or maybe walk several miles.  I'm going home to spend time with my wonderful family, and I happen to live in a teeny-tiny town that has a great state park.  I'm debating between a 1 mile run, or several miles walking through the park.  Justin will be with me, and a few hikes together might be nice.  Let's see!  

No comments:

Post a Comment