Thursday, April 19, 2012

I haven't forgotten!

I've just been without internet!  My horrid internet company is extremely unreliable, so I have spotty internet at my home.  And for the past week, the internet at work has been down too.  So I have a lot to catch up on!

I'm still doing great with my routine.  Let's go from Easter...those miles in the park.  That is what we decided on.  We only did a little over 2 miles, but it did include a lot of hills and stairs.  With approximately 8 pounds of Easter ham in my belly, and the waning sun, we called it at the end of our trail.  It was great to get a workout in, and didn't make me feel bad about the dozen deviled eggs I probably consumed.  It was wonderful to spend time with my family and Justin;  there was plenty of good food to be had, and plenty of laughter. 

Mondays are my rest days, so I did just that.  And spent a wonderful day with Justin.  And ate fro yo.  And discovered The Walking Dead.  We watched the entire first season on Netflix over our four day vacation, and by that, I mean in 2 days.

Tuesday I laced up for Body Pump.  I also drug Justin right along :)  He agreed it was intense.  800 reps in an hour.  We had a good time though, and finished the class with lunch in the park...before rushing back to the apartment to finish The Walking Dead!  We managed to get out long enough that day for a delicious dinner of crab legs, stuffed flounder, and steak. 

Wednesday was supposed to be a rest day, but I got bored and hit the treadmill.  2.25 miles later, I got bored again and hopped off.  Wow, 2 miles because I was bored.  Maybe it's because I'm getting stronger. Maybe it's because I wanted to try out my new running shoes!

 Thursday was Body Pump again, upping the weights finally on the squats and back tracks.  Soon, I'll go for chest or triceps, but let's not get too crazy here.

And finally, FRIDAY!  I HIT MY 3 MILE BARRIER!  I didn't mean too, and I know three miles is still small in comparison.  But for me, it's been a couple of years since I've ran 3 miles...and didn't hurt at the end at all.  I've also been pumping up the treadmill during commercials to keep things interesting. 

For this past week, it's been nothing fun or exciting, although I did get a 10 minute mile on Sunday.  So...bullet points...

  • Sunday:  1.5 miles (10 min pace for the first; slower for the last half)
  • Tuesday/Thursday:  BP
  • Wednesday:  2 miles (20:54; I'm getting a little faster)
  • Saturday/Monday were rest days.
There, all caught up.  And hopefully will have better internet to keep up.  I've been doing great with my food choices, although good food is so expensive!  I'm in a routine.  I love it.  I'm feeling better every day, and I'm trying to celebrate the small victories (like doing big girl pushups during Body Pump today, though they sucked, form-wise, so I think I'll stick to little girl ones for a little longer). 

I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment